Witkin Gallery miscellaneous acquisitions collection
Scope and Contents
Materials related to the Witkin Gallery opening and activities include negatives, contact sheets, and prints.
- Witkin, Lee D. (Person)
Language of Materials
Material in English
Conditions Governing Access
To access materials from this collection, please contact CCP-RefDesk@email.arizona.edu
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the user to obtain permission from the copyright owner (which could be the institution, the creator of the record, the author or his/her transferees, heirs, legates or literary executors) prior to any copyright-protected uses of the collection.
The user agrees to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Arizona Board of Regents, the University of Arizona, Center of Creative Photography, including its officers, employees, and agents, from and against all claims made relating to copyright or other intellectual property infringement
The Witkin Gallery was founded in 1969 by Lee Witkin. The Gallery was dedicated to fine art photography, which pioneered an industry for the photographic market. Evelyne Daitz succeeded Lee Witkin as Director of the Gallery in 1984. The Gallery closed in 1999, and Daitz archived its files and correspondence with the Center for Creative Photography. See also archive collection AG 62 for additional information.
1 Linear Feet
Metadata Rights Declarations
- License: This record is made available under an Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International Creative Commons license.
Materials related to the Witkin Gallery include negatives, contact sheets, and prints.
The Collection is arranged into the following series:
- Series 1: Activity Files, 1980-1983, 1 box
Materials donated by Tom Groenfeldt, 2016.
Collection processed by Leslie Squyres and finding aid updated by Alexis Peregoy, 2018.
- Daitz, Evelyne Z., 1936- (Person)
- Tice, George A. (Person)
- Gang, Christel, 1892-1966 (Person)
- Michaels, Barbara L. (Person)
- Witkin Gallery Miscellaneous Acquisitions Collection 1980-1983
- Finding aid created by CCP Archives Staff
- © 2020
- Description rules
- Finding Aid Based On Dacs (Describing Archives: A Content Standard)
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid encoded in English
Part of the Center for Creative Photography Archives Repository
1030 N. Olive RD
Tucson Arizona 85721 United States